Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bolt Out of the Blue

I was asked to help with a stake merit badge clinic, which I'm taking a break from right now. I'm counseling CitWorld, and other citizenship badges (it's a white-bordered badge clinic). Rather than "teach" a "class" I went down the path of showing the boys how to find information to finish any badge they begin. We talked through the reqs, and showed them how Meritbadge.org is such a great resource, with all the right links to find all the information for any badge. We also talked a little about some of the reqs, but mostly it was about the Scout Oath and Law, and how merit badges tie into that, and how it all dovetails with Article of Faith 13.

Now for the out-of the-blue part: I ran into the S2 (Stake second counselor) there, who said he and the SP just returned from, of all places, the Priesthood Leadership Conference at Philmont. He was pretty excited about what he and the SP had learned, and said they had some big plans. I say out of the blue, because this is a 180 from a discussion I'd had with them just a few years ago. Holy wish fulfillment, Batman!

Prepared. | For Life.™

No comments: