Monday, January 30, 2012

What Success May Look Like

Yesterday as Church let out, the Scoutmaster and YMP pulled me aside and asked me to participate in a board of review. (I know, I know, I’ve read the policy, too, but we don’t have a real committee to do these; I’m working on that, too...) The boy was one of my first 11YOS who aged out of my group in January last year. He was shooting for Life!

I asked questions in keeping with the idea that the BOR is an assessment of the health of the troop, and of how well the program is serving the boys. In addition to showing a huge degree of maturity at 13, his answers indicated that the training I have presented to the “committee” is having a positive effect on the boys’ program! Yay! It looks like this may have all been worthwhile!

No comments: