Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Silly Song - I Like Traffic Lights

When I was a kid, I loved to stay up late on a Sunday night listening to the Doctor Demento Show. Silly, stupid songs by the likes of Spike Jones, Alan Sherman,  Stan Freberg, Monty Python, Tom Lehrer, "Weird AL" Yancovic and more, twisted my mind into what it is today (though it was my mother's An Evening Wasted with Tom Lehrer record which put me on this path in the first place - think Poisoning Pigeons in the Park, and The Elements, for example). Well, here's one of the few songs by Monty Python which could be deemed appropriate for a patrol of rowdy Scouts:

(THIS IS A REPEAT-AFTER-ME SONG!)



Why, you may ask, did I bring this up? Well, I was looking for a song to go along with fire-building, but came across Benny Bell's Shaving Cream on Boy Scout Trail.

And here's another gem that I owe my knowledge of to Dr. Demento: Moose Turd Pie.

Prepared. | For Life.™

No comments: