Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Owl Post: Me and the Carpenter's Son

Years ago, we had a carpenter living next door to us. He really knew his business. I was amazed at his skill and knowledge. One day his oldest son was playing in our yard with our second son, Adam, and they were moving some wood around in our yard. We walked over to them and Adam looked up all bright eyed and said, "were building a club house!"

His mom looked at him doubtfully and said, "Do you know HOW to build a club house?"Adam's enthusiasm didn't even flicker. It took him about half a second to point to the carpenter's son and say, “me and HIM do!”

We laughed, but I've thought ever since then, that there are many times when I need to accomplish something difficult, and I absolutely don't know how I can do it, but “Me and the Carpenter's Son do!"

-Jim Sadler

Prepared. | For Life.™

No comments: