Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Lasting effects

So, I'm sitting in Ward Council the other day, and the Stake Presidency is there because it's ward conference day. There was some good discussion, good questions asked. Several times though, someone answered a question or made a comment preceded by "back when I was a Scout" or something similar. These are late 40s-to-50s men who haven't seen their uniforms in decades. It leaves a lasting impression. No one says "I remember when I was in Young Mens...", it's always "When I was a Scout," or "I remember one time at Scout Camp..."

Walking into the office this morning, I heard a similar thing while ascending the stairs -  one of the greybeards mentioned his time at Scout camp, and working there during the summer.

Memories matter. Make 'em good ones.

Prepared. | For Life.™

No comments: